Test the recovery plan for vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, and vRealize Business to validate the configuration.
About this task
Site Recovery Manager runs the virtual machines on the test network and on a temporary snapshot of replicated data in Region B.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From thee menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the email@example.com user name and the vsphere_admin_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- Click Recovery Plans and click the vRA-vRO-vRB-RP recovery plan.
- On the vRA-vRO-vRB-RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failover starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
Because recovered VMs are using the Test network, VMware Tools in vra01svr01a.rainpole.local and vra01svr01b.rainpole.local VMs might not become online within the default timeout value. Increase the timeout value for the VMs to complete the test.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.