Test the configuration of the NSX logical network using a ping test. A ping test checks if two hosts in a network can reach each other over the network.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Use the Ping Monitor to test connectivity.
- Under Logical Switches, double-click Transit Network.
- Click the Monitor tab.
- From the Source host drop-down menu select nyc01esx01.rainpole.local.
- From the Destination host drop-down menu select nyc01esx04.rainpole.local.
- Click Start Test.
The host-to-host ping test results are displayed in the Results text box. Verify that there are no error messages.