Property definitions let you more easily control which location to deploy a blueprint, and based on that choice, which storage and network resources to use with that blueprint.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Select .
- Click New to create a property definition.
- Enter Vrm.DataCenter.Location in the Name text box.
The property definition name is case sensitive, and must exactly match the property name used in the blueprint or build profile.
- Enter Where to deploy in the Label text box.
- In the Visibility section, select the All Tenants radio button and specify to which tenant the property is available.
- (Optional) Enter a property description in the Description text box.
Describe the purpose of the property, and any information that might help the consumer use the property.
- Enter 1 for Display order.
- Select String from the Data type drop-down menu.
- Select Yes from the Required drop-down menu.
- Select Dropdown from the Display As drop-down menu.
- Select Static list for Values.
- Deselect Enable custom value entry.
- Click New in the Static list area and enter a property name and value from the following table. Click OK to save both predefined values.
New York City
- Click OK to save the property definition.
The property is created and available on the Property Definitions page.