Assign global permissions in the ROBO to the operations service accounts svc-vrops and svc-mpsd-vrops to access monitoring data from the ROBO vCenter Server in vRealize Operations Manager.
About this task
The svc-vrops user has read-only access on all objects in vCenter Server. The svc-mpsd-vrops user has rights that are specifically required for access to storage device information in vRealize Operations Manager on all objects in vCenter Server.
Verify that the ROBO vCenter Server is connected to the Active Directory domain.
Verify that the users and groups from the rainpole.local domain are available in the ROBO vCenter Server.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Administration.
- Assign global permissions to the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org users according to their roles.
MPSD Metrics User
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to Administration and click Global Permissions.
- Click Add Permission.
- In the Global Permissions Root - Add Permission dialog box, click Add to associate a user or a group with a role.
- In the Select Users/Groups dialog box, from the Domain drop-down menu, select rainpole.local, in the filter box type svc and press Enter.
- From the list of users and groups, select svc-vrops, click Add , and click OK.
- In the Global Permissions Root - Add Permission dialog box, from the Assigned Role drop-down menu, select Read-only, ensure that Propagate to children is selected, and click OK.
- Repeat the steps to assign the
MPSD Metrics Userrole to the svc-mpsd-vrops user.