NSX kernel modules packaged in VIB files run within the hypervisor kernel, and provide services such as distributed routing, distributed firewall, and VXLAN bridging capabilities. To use NSX, you must install the NSX kernel modules on the consolidated cluster ESXi hosts.
About this task
Install the NSX kernel modules on the management cluster ESXi hosts.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click the Home icon and choose Networking & Security.
- Click Installation and click the Host Preparation tab.
- Select 172.18.11.65 from the NSX Manager drop-down menu.
- Under Installation Status, click Install for the NYC01 cluster, and click Yes in the confirmation dialog box..
- Verify that the Installation Status column displays the NSX version for all hosts in the cluster, confirming that you have successfully installed the NSX kernel modules.