After deploying the vRealize Automation proxy agents, set up anti-affinity rules.
About this task
A VM-Host anti-affinity (or affinity) rule specifies a relationship between a group of virtual machines and a group of hosts. Anti-affinity rules force specified virtual machines to remain apart during failover actions, and are a requirement for high availability.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home page, click Hosts and Clusters.
- Under nyc01vc01.rainpole.local, click NYC01.
- Click the Configure tab and under Configuration, select VM/Host Rules.
- Under VM/Host Rules, click Add to create a virtual machine anti-affinity rule.
- In the Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, specify the first rule for the vRealize Automation virtual appliances.
- In the Name text box, enter anti-affinity-rule-vra-ias.
- Select the Enable rule check box.
- Select Separate Virtual Machines from the Type drop-down menu.
- Click Add, select the nyc01ias01.rainpole.local and nyc01ias02.rainpole.local virtual machines, click OK, and click OK.