Create vSAN disk groups on each host providing storage to the vSAN datastore for your ROBO deployment.
About this task
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, select Hosts and Clusters and expand the nyc01vc01.rainpole.local tree.
- Click on the NYC01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Click nyc01esx02.rainpole.local and click the Create a New Disk Group button.
- In the Create Disk Group window, select a flash disk for the cache tier, two hard disk drives for the capacity tier, and click OK.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for nyc01esx03.rainpole.local and nyc01esx04.rainpole.local.
- Assign a license to vSAN.
- Right click the NYC01 cluster and select Assign License.
- In the NYC01 - Assign License window select the previously added VSAN License and click OK.