After the NSX Manager is successfully connected to the vCenter Server, you must deploy the three NSX Controller nodes that form the NSX Controller cluster. You must deploy every node only after the previous one is successfully deployed.
About this task
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://nyc01vc01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Configure an IP pool for the NSX Controller cluster
- Click the Home icon and choose Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click NSX Managers.
- Under NSX Managers, click the 172.18.11.65 instance.
- Click the Manage tab, click Grouping Objects, click IP Pools, and click the Add New IP Pool icon.
- In the Add Static IP Pool dialog box, enter the following settings and click OK.
Static IP Pool
- Deploy the NSX Controller cluster.
In the Navigator, click the Home icon and choose Networking & Security to go back, then click Installation.
On the Management tab, under NSX Controller nodes, click the Add icon to deploy three NSX Controller nodes with the same configuration.
In the Add Controller page, enter the following settings and click OK.You configure a password only during the deployment of the first controller. The other controllers will use the same password.
When the status of the controller node changes to Connected, repeat the step and deploy the two remaining NSX Controller nodes in the controller cluster using the same configuration.
- Configure DRS affinity rules for the NSX Controller nodes.
Return to the Home page.
In the Navigator, click Hosts and Clusters and expand the nyc01vc01.rainpole.local tree control.
Select the NYC01 cluster, and click the Configure tab.
Under Configuration click VM/Host Rules.
In the NYC01 - Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, enter the following settings and click Add.
Separate Virtual Machine
In the Add Rule Member dialog box, select the check box next to each of the three NSX Controller virtual machines and click OK.
In the NYC01 - Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, click OK.