After you upgrade the operating system of the vRealize Operations Manager appliance, continue with the upgrade of the software on the vRealize Operations Manager nodes.
- Log in to the administrator interface of the vRealize Operations Manager master node.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops-mstrn-01.rainpole.local/admin.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Take all nodes offline.
- On the main page, click System Status.
- Click Take Offline under Cluster Status.
- Click Software Update in the Administration pane and click Install a Software Update on the Software Update page.
- Click Browse, locate vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-xxx.pak on the local file system.
- Select Install the PAK file even if it is already installed, click Upload and click Next.
If you have customized content like alert definitions, symptom definitions, recommendations, and views, select Reset Default Content.
The upload might take several minutes .
- Read and accept the end user license agreement, and click Next.
- Review the Important Update and Release Information and click Next.
- Click Install.
Wait for the operating system update to complete. You are logged out from the administrator interface because this operation restarts each of the virtual machines of the vRealize Operations Manager deployment.
- After the software update is complete, log back in to the administrator interface of the master node.
The main Cluster Status page appears and cluster becomes online automatically.
- Clear the cache of your Web browser, and if the browser page does not refresh automatically, refresh the page.
The cluster status changes to
Going Online. When the cluster status changes to
Online, the upgrade is complete.
A message indicating that the upgrade completed successfully appears in the main pane.
- On the Administration pane, click Software Update to verify that the upgrade is done.