Create application profiles for the TCP and HTTPS traffic on the Platform Services Controller load balancer.
After you configure a profile, you associate the profile with a virtual server. The virtual server then processes traffic according to the values specified in the profile. Using profiles enhances your control over managing network traffic, and makes traffic-management tasks easier and more efficient.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click NSX Edges.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.17.11.65 as the NSX Manager and double-click the LAX01PSC51 NSX Edge to manage its network settings.
- Click the Manage tab, click Load Balancer, and select Application Profiles.
- Click the Add icon, in the New Profile dialog box, enter the following values, and click OK.
Value for TCP Traffic
Value for HTTPS Traffic
Enable SSL Passthrough
Expires in (Seconds)
- Repeat the step to create an application profile for HTTPS.