After you upgrade vCenter Server and ESXi in the shared edge and compute clusters in Region A and Region B, upgrade the vSphere Distributed Switch in Region B to install the new features of switch in the latest release in the environment.
Back up the configuration of the distributed switch. See the VMware Validated Design Backup and Restore documentation.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Networking and expand the comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local tree.
- Right-click the vDS-Comp01 distributed switch and select .
The Upgrade Distributed Switch wizard appears.
- On the Configure upgrade page, click Next.
- On the Check compatibility page, review host compatibility and click Next.
- Review the upgrade configuration and click Finish.