After you upgrade vCenter Server and Platform Services Controller instances for the shared edge and compute cluster, configure Update Manager in Region B to use the UMDS shared repository as a source for downloading ESXi patches, extensions, and notifications on the hosts in the shared edge and compute cluster.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Home page of the vSphere Web Client, click the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, click the comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server for Region B.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings and select Download Settings.
- On the Download sources page, click Edit.
An Edit Download Sources dialog box opens.
- Enter the following setting and click OK.
Use a shared repository
The vSphere Web Client performs validation of the URL.
- On the Download sources page, click Download Now to run the download patch definitions.