After you complete the upgrade and operational verification of the virtual infrastructure components in Region B, clean up the environment from appliances that run old software versions and from snapshots of upgraded nodes.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Delete the virtual machines that contain the old version of vCenter Server and Platform Services Controller.
Obsolete Virtual Machine
Management Platform Services Controller
Management vCenter Server
Compute Platform Services Controller
Compute vCenter Server
- In the Navigator, click VMs and Templates, expand the mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local tree and navigate to the mgmt01psc51.lax01_old virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Delete from Disk.
- Repeat the steps on the other obsolete virtual machines in Region B.
- Delete the snapshots of upgraded management components in the vSphere Web Client.
- In the Navigator, click VMs and Templates, expand the mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local tree and navigate to the mgmt01vrms51 virtual machine.
- Right-click the mgmt01vrms51 virtual machine and select Manage Snapshots.
- In the Snapshot Manager dialog box, click the snapshot that you created before the vSphere Replication update and select Delete.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box and click Close in Snapshot Manager.
- Repeat the steps on the mgmt01srm51 virtual machine.