Assign global permissions to the operations service account svc-loginsight to access monitoring data from the Management vCenter Server and Compute vCenter Server with vRealize Log Insight.
The svc-loginsight user account is specifically dedicated to collecting log information from vCenter Server and ESXi.
Verify that the Management vCenter Server and Compute vCenter Server for Region A are connected to the Active Directory domain.
Verify that the users and groups from the rainpole.local domain are available in the Management vCenter Server and in the Compute vCenter Server for Region A.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Administration.
- Assign global permissions to the firstname.lastname@example.org service account.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select Administration from the Home menu and click Global Permissions under Access Control.
- On the Manage tab, click Add Permission.
- In the Global Permissions Root - Add Permission dialog box, click Add to associate a user or a group with a role.
- In the Select Users/Groups dialog box, from the Domain drop-down menu, select rainpole.local, in the filter box type svc, and press Enter.
- From the list of users and groups, select the svc-loginsight user, click Add, and click OK.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, from the Assigned Role drop-down menu, select LogInsight, select Propagate to children, and click OK.
The global permissions of the email@example.com user propagate to all vCenter Server instances.