After you upgrade vCenter Server and the management ESXi hosts in the SDDC, turn on the vSAN Sparse Swap feature in Region B to save storage space by allocating space for VM swap files only when virtual machines are running.
You configure vSAN Sparse Swap only on the first host in the management cluster of the region. The configuration is applied to the other hosts in the cluster when you apply the host profiles that are extracted from the first host.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Hosts and Clusters.
- Expand the entire mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server tree, and select the mgmt01esx51.lax01.rainpole.local host.
- Click the Configure tab, click .
- Click the Edit button.
- In the filter box, enter vsan.swap and wait for the search results.
- Change the value of VSAN.SwapThickProvisionDisabled to 1 and click OK.