Turn on the health check of whether the VLAN settings on the distributed switches match the trunk port configuration on the connected physical switch ports and of whether the physical access switch port MTU jumbo frame setting matches the MTU setting on the switches.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Enable vSphere Distributed Switch health checks in Region A
- In the Navigator, click Networking and expand the SFO01 data center under the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server.
- Select the vDS-Mgmt distributed switch and click the Manage tab.
- On the Manage tab, select Health check on the Settings tab and click the Edit button.
- Configure the following settings and click OK.
VLAN and MTU
Teaming and failover
- Repeat the step to enable health checks on the vDS-Comp01 switch under the SFO01 data center of the under the comp01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server.
- Repeat the procedure to enable the health checks on the vDS-Mgmt and vDS-Comp01 switches under the LAX01 data centers of the mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local and comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server.