After you upgrade vSphere, change the admission control of the shared edge and compute cluster in Region B to use the number of hosts to tolerate setting according to this validated design.
vSphere 6.5 or later introduces an admission control policy that directly uses a number of host failures to tolerate to adjust the CPU and memory resources for virtual machine availability in the cluster.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Host and Clusters.
- Expand the comp01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local inventory.
- Select the LAX01-Comp01 cluster under the LAX01 data center.
- Click the Configure tab and click vSphere Availability.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Cluster Settings dialog box, click Admission Control under vSphere Availability, enter the following settings and click OK.
Host failures cluster tolerates
Define host failover capacity by
Cluster resource percentage
Override calculated failover capacity
Performance degradation VMs tolerate