After you upgrade vCenter Server and ESXi in the management cluster in Region B, upgrade the vSphere Distributed Switch to use the new features of the switch in the latest release in the environment.
Back up the configuration of the distributed switch. See the VMware Validated Design Backup and Restore documentation.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Networking and expand the mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local tree.
- Right-click the vDS-Mgmt distributed switch and select .
The Upgrade Distributed Switch wizard appears.
- On the Configure upgrade page, select Version 6.5.0 and click Next.
- On the Check compatibility page, review host compatibility and click Next.
- Review the upgrade configuration and click Finish.