Configure Update Manager to use the UMDS shared repository as a source for downloading ESXi patches, extensions, and notifications.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Home page of the vSphere Web Client, click the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, click the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server for Region A.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings and select Download Settings.
- On the Download sources page, click Edit.
An Edit Download Sources dialog box opens.
- Enter the following setting and click OK.
Use a shared repository
The vSphere Web Client performs validation of the URL.
- In the Download sources page, click Download Now to run the download patch definitions.
- If you are deploying the management components in Region A, repeat the procedure to configure the http://mgmt01umds01.sfo01.rainpole.local repository for the comp01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server.
Skip this step during SDDC upgrade.