To allow vRealize Automation to manage the infrastructure, IaaS administrators create endpoints and configure user credentials for those endpoints. When you create an endpoint for vSphere, vRealize Automation can communicate with the vCenter Server environment and discover compute resources that are managed by vCenter Server, collect data, and provision machines.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to New > Virtual > vSphere (vCenter). and click
- On the General page, configure the vRealize Automation Endpoint with the following settings, and then click on the Test Connection.
Value for vSphere
- If a Security Alert window appears, click OK.
- Click OK to create the Endpoint.
The vSphere Endpoint Name must be identical to the name that you used to install the proxy agent. See Install the vRealize Automation Environment for Consolidated SDDC.