Time synchronization issues can result in serious problems with your environment. Configure NTP and SSH on the first host in your consolidated pod. NTP and SSH configuration for the other hosts will take place after installation of Virtual Center Server.
- Log in to the ESX host sfo01w01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local by using the VMware Host Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Configure SSH options.
- In the Navigator, click Manage, click the Services tab, select the TSM-SSH service, and click the Actions menu. Choose Policy and click Start and stop with host.
- Click Start to start the service.
- Configure the NTP Daemon (ntpd) options.
- In the Navigator, click Manage, click the System tab, click Time & date, and click Edit Settings.
- In the Edit Time configuration dialog box, select the Use Network Time Protocol (enable NTP client) radio button, change the NTP service startup policy to Start and stop with host, and enter ntp.sfo01.rainpole.local as the NTP server.
- Click Save to save these changes.
- Start the service by clicking Actions, hover over NTP service, and choose Start.