After you install NSX Manager, you replace its certificate with a CA-signed certificate.
About this task
You generate certificates for the SDDC management components on a Windows host by using VMware Validated Design Certificate Generation Utility (CertGenVVD).
NSX Manager FQDN
Certificate File Name
sfo01w01nsx01.sfo01.4.p12 from the automation generation.
Right after deployment of the NSX Manager instance.
- On the Windows host that has access to the data center and contains the generated certificates, log in to the NSX Manager Web interface.
- Open a Web Browser and go to following URL https://sfo01w01nsx01.sfo01.rainpole.local
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the Manage Appliance Settings button.
- On the Manage tab, click SSL Certificates and click Upload PKCS#12 Keystore.
- Browse to the certificate chain file sfo01w01nsx01.sfo01.4.p12, provide the keystore password or passphrase and click Import.
- In the right corner of the NSX Manager user interface, click the Settings icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Reboot Appliance.
The NSX Manager restarts, which in turn propagates the CA-signed certificate.