After you have successfully installed the Platform Services Controller, you must add the appliance to your Active Directory domain. After that, add the Active Directory domain as an identity source to vCenter Single Sign-On. When you do, users in the Active Directory domain are visible to vCenter Single Sign-On and can be assigned permissions to view or manage SDDC components.
- Log in to the Platform Services Controller administration interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01psc01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Click the link for Platform Services Controller web interface.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Add the Platform Services Controller instance to the Active Directory domain.
- In the Navigator, click Appliance Settings, click the Manage tab, and click Join.
- In the Join Active Directory Domain dialog box, enter the following settings and click OK.
- Reboot the Platform Services Controller instance to apply the changes
- Click the Appliance settings tab, and click the VMware Platform Services Appliance link.
- Log in to the VMware vCenter Server Appliance administration interface with the following credentials.
- On the Summary page, click Reboot.
- In the System Reboot dialog box, click Yes.
- Wait for the reboot process to finish.
- After the reboot process finishes, log in to https://sfo01w01psc01.sfo01.rainpole.local again using the following credentials.
- Verify that the Platform Services Controller has successfully joined the domain, click Appliance Settings and click the Manage tab.
- Add Active Directory as a vCenter Single Sign-On identity source.
- In the Navigator, click Configuration and click the Identity Sources tab.
- Click the Add icon to add a new identity source.
- In the Add Identity Source dialog box, select the following settings and click OK.
Identity source type
Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)
Use machine account
- Under Identity Sources, select the rainpole.local identity source and click Set as Default Domain to make rainpole.local the default domain.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.