After the initial boot, use the ESXi Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) for initial host network configuration and administrative access for all hosts in the workload and management consolidated pod.
About this task
Perform the following tasks to configure the host network settings:
Configure the network adapter (vmk0) and VLAN ID for the Management Network.
Configure the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS server and host FQDN for the ESXi host.
Repeat this procedure for all hosts in the consolidated pod. Enter the respective values from the prerequisites section for each host that you configure. See Prerequisites for Installation of ESXi Hosts for Consolidated SDDC.
- Open the DCUI on the physical ESXi host
- Open a console window to the host.
- Press F2 to enter the DCUI.
- Enter root as login name, and esxi_root_user_password, and press Enter.
- Configure the network.
- Select Configure Management Network and press Enter.
- Select VLAN (Optional) and press Enter.
- Enter 1631 as the VLAN ID for the Management Network, and press Enter.
- Select IPv4 Configuration and press Enter.
- Configure the IPv4 network using the following settings, and press Enter.
Set static IPv4 address and network configuration
- Select DNS Configuration and press Enter.
- Configure the DNS using the following settings, and press Enter.
Use the following DNS Server address and hostname
Primary DNS Server
Alternate DNS Server
- Select Custom DNS Suffixes and press Enter.
- Ensure there are no suffixes listed, and press Enter.
- After completing all host network settings press Escape to exit, and press Y to confirm the changes.
- Repeat this procedure for all hosts in the consolidated SDDC pod.