Install the content pack for VMware Linux to add the dashboards for viewing log information about the management virtual appliances in vRealize Log Insight.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Install the content pack for VMware Linux.
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Content Packs.
- Under Content Pack Marketplace, select Marketplace.
- In the list of content packs, locate the Linux content pack and click its icon.
- In the Install Content Pack dialog box, accept the License Agreement and click Install.
- After the installation is complete, the Linux content pack appears in the Installed Content Packs list on the left.
- Configure the Log Insight Linux agent group for the virtual appliances from the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down at the top, select Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.
- In the Copy Agent Group dialog box, enter vAppliances - Agent Group in the Name text box and click Copy.
- In the agent filter fields, use the following selections.
Press ENTER to separate the host name values.
- Click Refresh and verify that all the agents listed in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save New Group at the bottom of the page.
- Verify logs data is showing up on the Linux dashboards.
- On the main navigation bar, click Dashboards.
- Expand Linux and click Security - Overview.