vSAN disk groups must be created on each host that is contributing storage to the vSAN datastore.
About this task
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, select Hosts and Clusters and expand the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Click on the sfo01-w01-consolidated01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Click on sfo01w01esx02.sfo01.rainpole.local and click on the Create a new disk group button.
- In the Create Disk Group window, select a flash disk for the cache tier, two hard disk drives for the capacity tier and click OK.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for sfo01w01esx03.sfo01.rainpole.local and sfo01w01esx04.sfo01rainpole.local.
- Assign a license to vSAN.
- Right click the sfo01-w01-consolidated01 cluster and select Assign License.
- In the sfo01-w01-consolidated01 - Assign License window select the previously added VSAN License and click OK.