Before you implement scenarios, you must assign roles with the privileges that are required for to the tenant administrators and tenant architects (blueprint architects) to perform their responsibilities using vRealize Automation.
About this task
This procedure steps you through assigning roles to the ug-ITAC-TenantAdmins and ug-ITAC-TenantArchitects users and groups.
Roles are sets of privileges that you associate with users to determine what tasks they can perform. Based on their responsibilities, individuals might have one or more roles associated with their user account. All user roles are assigned within the context of a specific tenant. However, some roles in the default tenant can manage system-wide configuration settings that apply to multiple tenants.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Navigate to .
- Enter ug-ITAC-TenantAdmins in the search box and press Enter.
- Click the user group name ug-ITAC-TenantAdmins.
- In the Add Roles to this Group item list, select the Approval Administrator, Business Management Administrator, Infrastructure Architect, Software Architect, Tenant Administrator, and XaaS Architect check boxes, and click Finish.
- Enter ug-ITAC-TenantArchitects in the Tenant Administrators search box and press Enter.
- Click the user group name ug-ITAC-TenantArchitects.
- In the Add Roles to this Group list, select the Software Architect check box, and click Finish.