In the IT Automating IT use case, IaaS administrators create endpoints and configure user credentials for those endpoints. These endpoints allow vRealize Automation to manage the infrastructure. After creation of the endpoint for vSphere, vRealize Automation can communicate with the vCenter Server environment and discover compute resources, collect data, and provision machines.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to New > Virtual > vSphere (vCenter). and click
- On the General page, configure the vRealize Automation Endpoint with the following settings.
Value for vSphere
The vSphere Endpoint Name must be identical to the name that you used to install the proxy agent.
- Click Test Connection.
- On the Security Alert window, click OK.
- Click OK to create the endpoint.