The data center environment is now ready for the multi-site deployment of virtual machines using vRealize Automation. Test your environment and confirm the successful provisioning of virtual machines using the blueprints you created to both Region A and Region B.
About this task
Repeat this procedure twice to provision virtual machines in both the Region A and the Region B Compute vCenter Server instances.
Compute vCenter Server
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Select the Catalog tab and select Unified Single Machine Catalog from the catalog of available services.
- Click the Request button for the Windows Server 2012 R2 - Unified blueprint.
- Select San Francisco from the Select a Region drop-down menu, and click Submit.
- Verify the request finishes successfully.
- Select the Requests tab.
- Select the request you submitted and wait several minutes for the request to complete.
Click the Refresh icon every few minutes until a Successful message appears under Status.
- Click View Details.
- Under Status Details, verify that the virtual machine successfully provisioned.
- Verify the virtual machine provisions in the Region A vCenter Server compute cluster.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in as the vCenter Server administrator using the following credentials.
- Select .
- In the Navigator panel, expand the vCenter Server compute cluster , and verify that the virtual machine exists.
- Repeat the procedure for Region B.
- Provision virtual machines to the Region B vCenter Server compute cluster.
- Verify that the request finishes successfully and that the virtual machine is provisioned in the Region B vCenter Server compute cluster.
You have successfully performed a cross-region deployment of vRealize Automation single machine blueprints, and have provisioned virtual machines in both Region A and Region B.