In your scenario implementation, fabric administrators must allocate resources to business groups by creating a reservation. Each reservation is configured for a specific business group to grant them access to request virtual machines on a specified compute resource. Members of a business group can then request virtual machines.
About this task
By creating reservations for the Edge resources, any converge blueprint (or multi-machine blueprint) that deploys an NSX Edge device on-demand can automatically be placed in a datastore, cluster, or resource pools for Edge resources. That means Edge devices are separated from the workload virtual machine resources. By separating the workload compute resource and the network Edge resource, you can assign more reliable and higher performance resources to the infrastructure that is in use by workload virtual machines.
Perform this procedure to create Edge reservations for the Production business group.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to > Reservations, and click .
- On the New Reservation - vSphere (vCenter) page, click the General tab, and configure the following values for your business group.
Production Group Value
Enable This Reservation
- On the New Reservation - vSphere (vCenter) page, click the Resources tab.
- Select sfo01-w01-comp01 (sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local) from the Compute resource drop-down menu.
- Enter 200 in the This Reservation column of the Memory (GB) table.
- In the Storage (GB) table, select the check box for datastore sfo01-w01-vsan01, enter 2000 in the This Reservation Reserved text box, enter 1 in the Priority text box, and click OK.
- Select sfo01-w01rp-user-edge from the Resource pool drop-down menu.
- On the New Reservation - vSphere (vCenter) page, click the Network tab.
- On the Network tab, map the network path to the network profile for the business group.
- Select the network path check boxes listed in the table below from the Network Paths list.
- Select the corresponding network profile from the Network Profile drop-down menu.
Production Network Path
Production Group Network Profile
- If a network path is not listed, resynchronize data collection from the NSX objects in the Compute vCenter Server inventory.
- Go back to Infrastructure > Compute Resources.
- Highlight sfo01-w01-comp01, select Data Collection, scroll down to Network and Security Inventory, and click Request now.
- Wait for synchronization to complete.
- Click OK to save the reservation.