Import a saved security policies configuration file to restore a misconfigured policy or to replicate the configuration to a different NSX Manager in Region A. The imported configuration also contains the security groups to which the security policies are mapped.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator pane, click Service Composer.
- Click the Security Policies tab.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select the IP address of the NSX Manager instance that runs the Service Composer.
NSX Manager for the management cluster
NSX Manager for the shared edge and compute cluster
- Click the Import Configuration icon.
The Import Configuration wizard opens.
- On the Select configuration file page, browse to the security policies configuration file on your computer, enter a suffix for the names of the imported policies, and click Next.
Service Composer verifies that all services referred to in the configuration are available in the destination environment.
- If any services from the imported policy configuration are not available in the environment, map the missing services to available target services on the Manage Missing Services page that appears.
- On the Ready to complete page, examine the security policies along with associated objects and click Finish.
The page shows the security groups on which the policies are applied, and the endpoint services, firewall rules and network introspection services that are a part of the policies.