You can export vSphere Distributed Switch and distributed port group configurations to a file. The file preserves validated network configurations, enabling transfer of these configurations to other environments.
About this task
You can use the exported file to create multiple copies of the distributed switch configuration on an existing deployment, or overwrite the settings of existing distributed switches and port groups.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking, expand the vCenter Server tree and locate the distributed switch.
- Right-click the distributed switch and select .
- In the Export Configuration dialog box, select Distributed switch and all port groups next to Configurations to export and click OK.
- After the configuration is generated, click Yes to save the configuration file to your computer.