Export all firewall rules in an NSX Manager to an XML file. You can use that configuration file to import and load firewall rules on another NSX instance in Region A, or to recover the rule configuration in case of misconfiguration.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator pane, click Firewall.
- On the Firewall page, click the Configuration tab.
- On the Configuration page, from the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select the IP address of the NSX Manager instance that runs the firewall rules.
NSX Manager for the management cluster
NSX Manager for the shared edge and compute cluster
- Click the General tab and click the Export configuration icon.
- On the Export configuration dialog box, click Download and save the exported firewall configuration file on your computer.
- Repeat the steps to export the firewall configuration of the second NSX Manager.
What to do next
Import the backed up configuration of rules to restore the firewall rules if they have been deleted or misconfigured.