Restore the vRealize Log Insight nodes in Region B by using a backup that is created as a result from the scheduled backup job for the nodes.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Shut down all vRealize Log Insight virtual appliances.
- Click Home and click Hosts and Clusters.
- In the Navigator pane expand the tree.
- Navigate to each appliance in the following order, right-click the appliance object, select Yes in the Confirm Guest Shut Down dialog box.
vRealize Log Insigh Component
Worker node 1
Worker node 2
- Restore the latest vRealize Log Insight VMs backup from the vSphere Data Protection server.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click the VDP icon.
- On the Welcome to vSphere Data Protection page, select lax01m01vdp01 from the VDP Appliance drop-down menu and click Connect.
- Click the Restore tab .
- Select a node appliance of vRealize Log Insight.
You see the list of backups of the appliance.
- Select the check box for the latest appliance backup and click the back arrow to return to the list of backups.
- Select the latest backups of the other appliances of vRealize Log Insight.
- Click Restore on the toolbar.
The Restore backup wizard opens showing the selected backups.
- On the Select Backup page, click Next.
- On the Set Restore Options page, select Restore to original location for each appliance and click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
- Click OK to close the Info dialog.
- Verify that the restore is successful.
- On the vSphere Data Protection page, click the Configuration tab and click Log.
- Locate the following logs:
Restore of client named vrli_vm_name completed.
- Power on the nodes of vRealize Log Insight. in the following order:
- Navigate to each of the appliance, right-click the appliance object, and select .
- Wait until the current appliance is up and running before powering on the next appliance.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Log Insight is operational. See Validate vRealize Log Insight in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.