After the NSX Manager is successfully connected to the Compute vCenter Server, you must promote it to the primary role and deploy the three NSX Controller nodes that form the NSX Controller cluster.
About this task
It is important to deploy every node only after the previous one is successfully deployed.
To complete this procedure you must configure the datastore for the shared edge and compute cluster in Region A.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in with the following credentials.
- Promote the NSX Manager to the primary role.
- Under Inventories, click Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click Installation.
- On the Management tab, click the 172.16.11.66 instance.
- Click the Actions menu and click Assign Primary Role.
- In the Assign Primary Role confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- Configure an IP pool for the NSX Controller Cluster.
- In the Navigator, click NSX Managers.
- Under NSX Managers, click the 172.16.11.66 instance.
- Click the Manage tab, click Grouping Objects, click IP Pools, and click the Add New IP Pool icon.
- In the Add Static IP Pool dialog box, enter the following settings and click OK.
Static IP Pool
- Deploy the NSX Controller cluster.
- In the Navigator, click Networking & Security to go back, and click Installation.
- Under NSX Controller nodes, click the Add icon to deploy three NSX Controller nodes with the same configuration.
- In the Add Controller page, enter the following settings and click OK.
You may only configure the password during the deployment of the first controller. The other controllers will use the same password.
sfo01w01nsxc01 for controller 1
sfo01w01nsxc02 for controller 2
sfo01w01nsxc03 for controller 3
- After the Status of the controller node changes to Connected, repeat the step and deploy the remaining two NSX Controller nodes, with the same configuration to form the controller cluster.
- Configure DRS affinity rules for the NSX Controllers.
- Go back to the Home page.
- In the Navigator, click Hosts and Clusters, and expand the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Select the sfo01-w01-comp01 cluster, and click the Manage tab.
- Under Configuration, click VM/Host Rules.
- Under VM/Host Rules, click Add.
- In the sfo01-w01-comp01 - Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, enter the following settings and click Add.
Separate Virtual Machine
- In the Add Rule Member dialog, select the three NSX Controller VMs and click OK.
- In the sfo01-w01-comp01 - Create VM/Host Rule dialog click OK and click OK.