Create a content library and populate it with templates that you can use to deploy virtual machines in your environment. Content libraries let you synchronize templates among different vCenter Server instances so that all of the templates in your environment are consistent.
About this task
There is only one Compute vCenter Server in this VMware Validated Design, but if you deploy more instances for use by the compute cluster they can also use this content library.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home page, click Content Libraries and click the Create a new content library icon.
The New Content Library wizard opens.
- On the Name page, specify the following settings and click Next.
- On the Configure content library page, specify the following settings, and click Next.
Local content library
- On the Add storage page, click the Select a datastore radio button, select the sfo01-w01-lib01 datastore to store the content library, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.