After you deploy the virtual appliance for the master node of the vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster, enable its administration role in the cluster.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01a.rainpole.local.
- On the Get Started page, click New Installation.
- On the Getting Started page, review the steps for creating a cluster, and click Next.
- On the Set Administrator Password page, type and confirm the password for the admin user account.
- On the Choose Certificate page, click the Install a certificate button, click Browse, select the certificate chain .pem file that contains the own private key and the issuer and own certificate files, and click Next.
You generate a PEM file vrops.2.chain.pem by using the CertGenVVD tool.
After the setup imports and validates the certificate, notice that the certificate has a common name,
vrops01svr01.rainpole.local, and a subject alternative name that contains
vrops01svr01a.rainpole.localfor the master node.
- On the Deployment Settings page, configure the following settings, and click Next.
Cluster Master Node Name
NTP Server Address
- On the Ready To Complete page, click Finish
When the configuration process completes, the vRealize Operations Manager Administration console opens.
- Click System Status in the Administration panel to verify that you have a vRealize Operations Manager instance created.
The virtual appliance instance acting as the master node appears in the Nodes in the vRealize Operations Manager Cluster list.