You must perform network configuration from the VMware Host Client only for the sfo01m01esx01 host. You perform all other host networking configuration after the deployment of the vCenter Server system that manages the hosts.
About this task
You configure a vSphere Standard Switch with two port groups:
The existing virtual machine port group.
VMkernel port group.
This configuration provides connectivity and common network configuration for virtual machines that reside on each host.
- Log in to the vSphere host using the VMware Host Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click OK to Join the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Configure a VLAN for the VM Network Portgroup.
- In the Navigator, click Networking, click the Port Groups tab, choose the VM Network port group, and click Edit Settings.
- On the Edit port group - VM Network window, input 1611 for VLAN ID, and click OK.