Increase the value of the
maxStringContentLength attributes to configure vRealize Automation Management Service to contain a large amount of data objects. For example, 3000 or more virtual machines from vSphere Center Server.
- Log into the vra01ims01a.rainpole.local virtual machine console as the user rainpole\svr-vra.
- Click the Start button on the taskbar to display the menu, enter Notepad in the search box, and click Notepad in the search results.
Alternatively you can use any text editor installed on the Windows operating system in your environment that you prefer.
- Right-click the Notepad application icon, or your preferred text editor, and select Run As Administrator.
- Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\ManagerService.exe.config for editing in Notepad or your preferred text editor.
- Locate the following line in the ManagerService.exe.config file.
<binding name=”ProxyAgentServiceBinding” maxReceivedMessageSize=”13107200”> <readerQuotas maxStringContentLength=”13107200” />Note:
Do not confuse these two lines with the lines that are very similar, but with the attribute binding
name = "ProvisionServiceBinding".
- Replace the values of the following attributes by increasing them by a factor of 10 as shown in the table below.
- Save your changes to the ManagerService.exe.config file, close it, and exit the text editor.
- Click Start, and then click Restart to restart the virtual machine.
- Repeat this procedure for the vra01ims01b.rainpole.local virtual machine.