Assign global permissions in Region A to the operations service account svc-vdp so that you can manage and perform backups by using vSphere Data Protection.
About this task
The svc-vdp user has access rights that are specifically required for performing backups in the vCenter Server inventory.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Assign global permissions to the email@example.com service account.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select Administration from the Home menu.
- In the navigator page, click Global Permissions under Access Control.
- On the Manage tab, click the Add permission icon.
- In the Global Permissions Root - Add Permission dialog box, click Add to associate a user or a group with a role.
- In the Select Users/Groups dialog, from the Domain drop-down menu, select rainpole.local, in the filter box type svc-vdp, and press Enter.
- From the list of users and groups, select the svc-vdp user, click Add, and click OK.
- In the Global Permissions Root - Add Permission dialog, from the Assigned Role drop-down menu, select vSphere Data Protection User, select Propagate to children checkbox, and click OK.
The global permissions of the svc-vdp service account propagate to all linked vCenter Server instances.