After vSphere vSphere Distributed Switch has been created and connected with all hosts, enable vSphere HA on the cluster.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Hosts and Clusters and expand the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Select the sfo01-w01-comp01 cluster.
- Click the Configure tab and click vSphere Availability.
- Click Edit.
- In the sfo01-w01-comp01 - Edit Cluster Settings dialog, select the Turn on vSphere HA check box.
- Click Failures and Responses, select the following values.
Enable Host Monitoring
Host Failure Response
Response for Host Isolation
Power off and restart VM's
Datastore with PDL
Datastore with APD
VM Monitoring Only
- Click Admission Control, select the following values.
Host failures cluster tolerates
Define host failover capacity by
Cluster resource percentage
Override calculated failover capacity
Performance degradation VMs tolerate
- Click OK.