Test the configuration of the NSX logical network using a ping test. A ping test checks if two hosts in a network can reach each other.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Use the Ping Monitor to test connectivity.
- Select Home, then select Networking & Security.
- Under Logical Switches, double-click Universal Transit Network.
- Click the Monitor tab and select Ping.
- From the Source host drop-down menu select sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Leave the Size of test packet with the default of VXLAN standard.
- From the Destination host drop-down menu select sfo01m01esx03.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Click Start Test.
The host-to-host ping test results are displayed in the Results text box. Verify that there are no error messages.