After you configure NSX logical networking on the management hosts in Region B, update the host profile of the management cluster and remediate the hosts to align their configuration.
About this task
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Update the host profile for the management cluster.
- In the Navigator, select Policies and Profiles.
- Click Host Profiles, right-click lax01-m01hp-mgmt01, and select Copy settings from Host.
- Select lax01m01esx01.lax01.rainpole.local and click OK.
- Verify compliance and remediate the management hosts in Region B.
- On the Policies and Profiles page, select the lax01-m01-mgmt01 host profile.
- On the Monitor tab, click the Compliance tab.
- Select lax01-m01-mgmt01 in the Host/Cluster column and click Check Host Profile Compliance.
This compliance test shows that the first host is
Compliant, but the other hosts are
- Click each of the non-compliant hosts, click Remediate Hosts Based on its Host Profile.
- In the Remediate Hosts Based on its Host Profile wizard, enter Host Name if prompted for NetStack Instance vxlan->DNS configuration, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
All hosts have
Compliantstatus in the Host Compliance column.