You can receive automatic notifications for several types of events, such as the successful completion of a catalog request or a required approval.
About this task
System administrators can configure global email servers that handle email notifications.
Tenant administrators can override the system default servers, or add their own servers if no global servers are specified. Tenant administrators select which events, also known as notification scenarios. Each component, such as the service catalog or IaaS, can define events that can trigger notifications.
Each user can choose whether to receive notifications. Users either receive all notifications configured by the tenant administrator or no notifications, they do not have fine-grained control over which notifications to receive.
Verify that vRealize Automation has the inbound and outbound email servers configured. See Configure the Default Email Servers in Region A in VMware Validated Design Deployment Guide for Region A.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Home page of the vRealize Automation management console, click the Administration tab and click Notifications.
- Configure the scenarios to receive notifications about. By default all scenarios are active.
- In the Navigator, select Scenarios.
- If you do not want to be alerted on a scenario, select it and click the button.
- Verify that each of the scenarios you want to receive notifications about has Status -
- Subscribe to notifications from vRealize Automation.
- Click Preferences next to the ITAC-TenantAdmin user name on the top banner.
- Under Notifications, select English (United States) from the Language drop-down menu.
- Select Enabled next to the Email protocol, click Apply and click Close.
Notifications are now enabled for the ITAC-TenantAdmin account.