Create an application in vRealize Operations Manager to group the monitoring data for the virtual machines of VMware vRealize Operations Manager.
About this task
vRealize Operations Manager builds an application to determine how your environment is affected when one or more components in an application experiences problems. You can also monitor the overall health and performance of the application.
vRealize Operations Manager collects data from the components in the application and displays the results in a summary dashboard for each application with a real-time analysis for any or all of the components.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Environment menu and click the Applications tab.
- On the Applications tab, click the Add icon to add an application.
- In the Add Application dialog box, select Custom and click OK.
- In the Application Management dialog box, in the Application text box enter vRealize Operations Manager.
- In the Tiers pane, click Add Tier, enter vRealize Operations Manager VMs as the Tier Name and click Update.
- In the objects list underneath, enter vrops01 in the search box and press Enter.
- Select the Virtual Machine objects of vRealize Operations Manager Cluster and drag them to the Tier Objects pane.
- Click Save.