You can run a recovery plan under planned circumstances to migrate the virtual machines of vRealize Automation and vRealize Business from Region A to Region B. You can also run a recovery plan under unplanned circumstances if an unforeseen event that might result in data loss occurs in Region A.
About this task
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Cloud Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Cloud Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failover of the Cloud Management Platform.
The Recovery wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate failover of the cloud management platform.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Automation and vRealize Business VMs are up and is operational. See Validate the Cloud Management Platform in theVMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
Prepare vRealize Automation and vRealize Business for failback by reprotecting their virtual machines in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Cloud Management Platform.