In the event of a disaster in Region A, initiate disaster recovery of the vRealize Automation and vRealize Business components to fail them over to Region B and keep the workload provisioning functionality of the SDDC available.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local protected site.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Cloud Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failover of the cloud management platform.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Recovery wizard, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machinesand infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate the failover of the cloud management platform.
Site Recovery Manager runs the recovery plan. After disaster recovery, the Plan status of the recovery plan changes to Disaster recovery complete.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Automation and vRealize Business VMs are up and operational after failover. See Validate the Cloud Management Platform in theVMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
Prepare vRealize Automation and vRealize Business for failback by reprotecting their virtual machines in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Cloud Management Platform.