Configure the replication of the virtual machines that participate in the analytics cluster of the vRealize Operations Manager to support failover of vRealize Operations Manager to Region B. Replica virtual machines become active upon failover. After you configure the replication, you create a protection group to protect the replicated virtual machines together.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select VMs and Templates.
- Navigate to the sfo01-m01fd-vrops VM folder.
- On the sfo01-m01fd-vrops page, click the VMs tab, click Virtual Machines and select the virtual machines of the analytics cluster.
Master replica node
Data node 1
- Right-click the VM selection, and select .
- Click Yes in the dialog box about performing replication for all objects.
The Configure Replication for 3 Virtual Machines wizard opens.
- On the Validation page of the Configuration Replication dialog box, wait until the validation completes and click Next.
- On the Replication type page, select Replicate to a vCenter Server and click Next.
- On the Target site page, select the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server in Region B and click Next.
- On the Replication server page, select Auto-assign vSphere Replication server and click Next.
If the environment contains several replications servers, selecting this option makes use of any of these replication servers.
- On the Target location page, set the location on the vSAN datastore in Region B to store replicated VM files.
- Click the Edit for all link.
- In the Select Target Location dialog box, from the datastore list in the upper part of the dialog box, select the lax01-m01-vsan01 datastore as the datastore for replicated files.
- In the Select a target location pane, select the lax01-m01-vsan01 root folder underneath, and click OK.
vSphere Replication will create a folder in the root datastore folder for each vRealize Operations Manager VM.
- Back on the Target Location page, click Next.
- On the Replication options page, select only the Enable network compression for VR data check box, and click Next.
Do not enable guest OS quiescing because some of the vRealize Operations Manager databases do not support quiescing. Quiescing might result in a cluster failure because virtual disks remain in frozen state for too long.
Compression requires extra resources. Do not enable it if the hosts are over-utilized.
- On the Recovery settings page, enter the following settings and click Next.
Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
Point in time instances
Keep 3 instances per day for the last 1 days
- On the Ready to complete page, review the configuration and click Finish.
- (Optional) Monitor the replication progress.
- From the Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server object and click the Monitor tab.
- On the Monitor tab, click the vSphere Replication tab and select Outgoing Replications to see details about the replication of the analytics nodes of vRealize Operations Manager from this site.