After you configure replication for the analytics virtual machines of vRealize Operations Manager, include the virtual machines in a protection group so that Site Recovery Manager protects them together.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and select the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the firstname.lastname@example.org user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Protection Groups tab and click Create Protection Group.
The Create Protection Group wizard appears.
- On the Name and location page, configure the following settings and click Next.
SDDC Operations Management PG
vROps Cluster Protection Group
sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local - lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local
- On the Protection group type page, configure the following settings and click Next.
Direction of protection
sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local -> lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local
Protection group type
- On the Virtual machines page, select the analytics virtual machines from the list of machines replicated by using vSphere Replication and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the protection group settings and click Finish.
SDDC Operations Management PG protection group appears in the list of protection groups in Site Recovery Manager. You use it to assign a recovery plan all analytics virtual machines together.