Test the recovery plan for vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, and vRealize Business to validate the configuration. Site Recovery Manager runs the virtual machines on the test network and on a temporary snapshot of replicated data in Region B.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the email@example.com user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Cloud Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Cloud Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failover starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.Note:
Because recovered VMs are using the test network, VMware Tools in vra01svr01a.rainpole.local and vra01svr01b.rainpole.local VMs might not become online in the default timeout. In the recovery plan, increase the startup delay for VMware Tools for these VMs to complete the test. See Customize the Recovery Plan for the Cloud Management Platform.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.